B.Ed. stands for an undergraduate academic course known as Bachelor of Education. It is a course offered for those who are interested in pursuing career in teaching and related fields.
1. B.Ed. (Two Years) Total Seats = 200 (04 Units).
Medical (50), Non-Medical (50), Arts & Commerce (100)
ELIGIBILITY AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
The candidates who are interested for seeking admission to regular two years B.Ed. Course may apply online for the entrance test in the Department of Education, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Government College of Teacher Education, Dharamshala and in any of the private/self-financing Colleges of Education should fulfill the following criteria:-
(i) The candidates with at least 50.00 percent marks or 5.01 if CGPA or Grade B if in letter Grade in the Bachelor‟s Degree (Medical/Non-Medical/Commerce/Arts) and/or in the Master‟s Degree in the Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities/Commerce, Bachelor‟s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55.00 percent or 5.51 if CGPA or Grade B+ if in letter Grade or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
(ii) At least 45.00 percent or 4.51 if CGPA if in the letter Grade in case of SC/ST/OBC/Physically handicapped categories in the aforesaid Bachelor‟s/Master‟s Degree and 50.00 percent marks or 5.01 if CGPA or Grade B for Bachelor‟s in Engineering or technology from a recognized University established by law in India are eligible for admission in the programme.
Note: (i) No relaxation, even 0.01 percent in the above prescribed percentage of marks shall be granted under any circumstances.
(ii) Pursuant to the Judgment delivered in CWP No. 2465/2018 & CWP No. 2475/2018 by the Hon’ble High Court of Himachal Pradesh with regard to subject combinations in various streams such as Medical/Non-Medical/Arts/Commerce, the existing rules have been modified in conformity with the R&P Rules of the State Government. However, merely awarding the degree of B.Ed. by the H.P. University shall not be construed as a 12 declaration of eligibility of the candidates for the appointment to the post of TGT in Government Sector to determine the eligibility to such post shall rest upon the concerned appointing authorities of the State Government.
- The candidates who have appeared in BA/B.Sc./B.Com. final year or Master‟s Degree, Bachelor of Engineering/Technology or any other qualification equivalent thereto examination and the result of the same has not yet been declared, can also apply for B.Ed. Entrance Test. However, the admission of such candidates will be depending upon the production of certificate of qualifying examination with required percentage of aggregate marks in the aforesaid examinations as per the eligibility clause of the prospectus. In case, a candidate does not fulfil the eligibility conditions, he/she will have no right for admission to the B.Ed. course. As such, the candidate shall be appeared provisionally at his/her risk & responsibility.
- Post-graduation is considered only to make those candidates eligible who are not eligible on the basis of qualifying examination but the post-graduation will not be the merit criteria.
- The reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/Ex-serviceman and Physically handicapped categories will be as per the existing rules of Himachal Pradesh Government.
- 85% seats are reserved for the candidates of Bonafide/Domicile resident of Himachal Pradesh and 15% will be open to the candidates of other states /UTs. It is compulsory for all the candidates to produce bonafide /domicile certificate at the time of admission.
- 10% out of 85% state quota seats in non-government self-financing institutions shall be treated as management quota seats and shall be brought out of the purview of centralized counselling to be conducted by the University. The management of the institute shall fill up management quota seats on the basis of the merit of entrance test through its own counselling in a transparent manner. There shall be no reservation, whatsoever, in respect of the prescribed management quota seats. The basic eligibility criteria shall remain the same as in case of other students.
- Age: There is no upper age limit for candidates applying to the regular B.Ed. Course of two years. (High Court orders in LPA No.: 104 of 2012 decided on August 27, 2012).